Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fancy Pants Halloween Collection

I'm in denial that it could possibly be Autumn already. Where did the summer go?

One thing I like about the changing seasons is the new collections that start rolling into the store. Among the many Halloween lines out there, Fancy Pants "Trick or Treat" is one of my favorites!


For one of my classes at Porter's, I wanted to show people that you don't necessarily have to use these papers for a Halloween layout. So instead, I created a boy page that's all about the weird things they do!


I used the Tim Holtz chains to "hang" some of the photos from and to give the yellow monster something to dangle off of. I love all the different sizes of googly eyes too! It was a fun layout to make and has space for lots of photos or some more over sized monsters.

My boys aren't excessively noisy or dirty, although if you saw their room today, you would wonder. However, there have been days I've come home to things splattered on the ceiling (imagine Olive Green Glimmer Mist on my vaulted living room ceiling..."I don't know how that got there, Mom!") or bicycle tires floating in the bathtub (that's a story for another day). They do have some funny quirks, as I'm sure most kids do, and they seem to be oblivious to dirt. But I can't imagine my life without them...dirt, slime, noise and all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi :) I really love your layout! So neat to see the paper used for a non-halloween layout.

    ReplyDelete