Monday, September 14, 2009

Super Easy Layouts

I'm not really known for my fast and easy approach to scrapbooking. For some reason I must subconsciously think every layout I make has to be time consuming to be cute. I don't do it on purpose...it just works out that way. Sometimes I complete a layout after 2 or 3 hours and think, "What in the world took so long?"

Well, not so with these 2 layouts! I made them as a demo for Porter's and honestly, I was not in the mood to scrap that day. I was tired and just wanted to finish so I could go home. (Did I say that out loud???)

Anyway, this is the result...fast and easy!

Patterned Paper and Stickers: Carolee's Creations; Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts; Cardstock: DCWV

This layout came together really quickly. The basic idea came from the June issue of Scrapbook Trends. I used various strips cut from a sheet of patterned paper and some stickers. I added some buttons and journaling strips and it was done! My nephew, Charlie, learned how to take the lid off his sippy cup and the kitchen was never the same again!



Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny, Carolee's Creations; Stickers: Carolee's Creations; Die Cuts: QuicKutz, Accucut.

Here's a simple layout highlighting one of my son's favorite presents he received for his 13th birthday. The "stitching" was done using a zig-zag Piercing Bug from EK Success. Instead of stitching with thread, I pierced holes in the paper with the Piercing Bug and then drew a line across the holes with a black journaling pen. Even in real life you can't tell the difference! It's a super fast way to add a little bit of dimension and it's also easy for on-the-go scrapping when you don't have your sewing machine with you.

Well, there you have it...some easy layouts you can crank out in a matter of minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment