Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Family Tree Shadow Box

A couple of weekends ago I got to work with the beautiful new "Lush" collection by My Mind's Eye. I *Love* the gorgeous flocked papers, the classic patterns, and the rich looking embellishments. (My favorites are the flocked alphabets and the velvet ribbons). This line comes in 6 colors...black, brown, blue, green, pink, and red.

I had so much fun mixing the green and blue collections together for this family tree project! The hardest part was finding and editing all the photos. After that, the rest came together pretty quickly.



I used three different sizes of circles punches for the photos. The leaves started out as circles too, and then I just hand trimmed each one into a leaf shape, folded them down the center, and inked. Some of the photos are on pop dots and others aren't (in a random sort of way). ;)

*Here's a little tip: I have always kept a scalloped paper on hand to use as a pattern when needed. Many different companies make them in various shapes like this or this.



I decorated some wooden photo blocks that measure 2x2. I thought they could stand alone or be displayed next to the shadow box. I covered all 6 sides of each block with paper, then inked around the edges. The "knob" was made by threading beads onto a corsage pin. Then I drilled a hole in the top of the block by pounding a nail into it and removing it. I glued the pin with the beads into place with Diamond Glaze and finished it off with a little ribbon.


Here's what they look like displayed all together:
I have plans for a very girly layout using the pink collection and the Donna Salazar flowers. Hopefully I will be able to work on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment