Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Spring

Here is a very busy, but very happy layout based on a sketch from the Feb 2010 Creating Keepsakes magazine. I love the bright colors and although red is not a traditional Easter color, I thought it added a fun surprise.


By cropping some of the photos down, I was able to fit 9 pictures on this layout. I'm always looking for way to incorporate lots of pics, especially for holiday events where I seem to end up with way too many!


In the CK article, Kayla Lamoreaux created a digital layout using clothespins to display her tiny pics. I thought it was so fun for a spring look, that I recreated it with actual clothespins from the craft store.


I seem to be getting away from inking all my edges lately. Because there were so many patterns on this page, I decided to define the edges with a journaling pen. It's kind of a fresh, fun look.


I unearthed this little Pebbles bee die from the forgotten stash at the lss. Isn't he cute? I tried to mimic his flight path with gold wire which I curled and looped. There's also a bee on the 2nd page of the layout. Can you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment