Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#1 Dad

In honor of Father's Day this month, I made a layout featuring the 3 men (big and little) in my life. I used the "On the Boardwalk" collection by Graphic 45. It's a super fun line and I love, love, love the color combo! Even though it has a beach theme, I managed to use it on this masculine page just fine. :)

Papers: Graphic 45, My Mind's Eye; Journaling Card: My Mind's Eye; Die Cuts and Cork: QuicKutz; Filmstrip Ribbon and Memo Pin: Tim Holtz; Heart, Photo Corner, and Scalloped Circle Punches: EK Success.


Tim Holtz products always go perfectly well with Graphic 45, so of course I had to throw some in...

These little memo pins are one of my new favorites and the filmstrip ribbon adds a fun bit of flair.

I asked the kids to do the journaling and write what they love about their Dad. I think it's so fun to include them in documenting our family memories. How priceless is that handwriting...misspelled words and all!


It's easy to find pennants/banners anywhere you look in the crafting world right now, so I thought it would be fun to include a miniature version here. A diamond punch comes in really handy for that.

We all know how entertaining it is to play with bubble wrap. But did you know you can stamp with it as well? That's exactly what I did to create the subtle background pattern shown here. Give it a try! You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment