Monday, November 1, 2010

A Holiday Layout

As hard as it may be to believe, Christmas is only 54 days away.
(I KNOW!!)
In anticipation of the upcoming festivities, we are already designing our holiday classes at Lucky Lark Designs.  Here's a closer look at what's in store...

"Believe"


I saw a layout in the November 2010 issue of "Scrapbook Trends" by Tonya Dirk that had a beautiful pleated star and a folded border.  I fell in love and decided to try it out.  This is my version of the star:


Here's a peek at the folded paper border.  (According to "Scrapbook Trends", cut squares or circles from double sided patterned paper, then fold the corners in slightly to reveal the other side.  Top with jewels).


I found these beautiful flourish stamps by "Inkadinkado."  They have spaces ready for you to place rhinestones of various sizes.  I ran out of gems, so I filled in the remaining spots with stickles.  I love the final result!

A Santa layout isn't complete without a wishlist.  Here's Cameron's:


I will try and post a tutorial for the pleated star tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment