Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So Loved

A few weeks ago, my brother and his family welcomed a new baby girl into their home.  As Baby #6, she had 3 older sisters and 2 older brothers who were anxiously awaiting her arrival.

A few days after her birth, her dad emailed me some photos.  As I was scrolling through them, I was delighted in each pose that was the same, except for a different face smiling above hers as they each cradled Baby Lucy in his or her arms.  It struck me how lucky she is to be loved by so many people right from the start!

The pictures prompted this "So Loved" layout which I pieced together in a patchwork quilt style.  The muted tones and rich colors feel warm and welcoming.  I kept the embellishments to a minimum so the focus would remain on the photos.

p.s.  The layout really isn't crooked...I just can't take a straight picture.
I've been looking for an excuse to use these beautiful paper roses on a project.  I cut out the scalloped peach flower (shown below) using my Silhouette.  But you can also create one easily on your own like I did for the ivory flower.  Here's a quick tutorial for a spiral cut flower on the Fancy Pants blog.  (Scroll down until you seen "Spirals").


I love the dimension they add to this layout!


Here's my new "Plants" die from QuicKutz.  It's simple and elegant...love it!



Yes, Lucy is definitely loved.  Don't you agree?

Supplies Used:  Cardstock:  DCWV; Patterned Papers:  My Minds Eye; Dies:  QuicKutz; Border Punch:  Fiskars; Journaling Stamp:  WRMK; Pin:  Making Memories; Butterfly Punches:  Fiskars and Marvy; Flower:  Prima; Pearls:  K&Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment