Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lots of Layouts to Share

Wow!  When did life get so crazy?  I mean really, really crazy? It's all good...I'm just staying busier than normal. 

So here is one great big blog post about some of the projects I've done in the last few weeks.  Ready?

2010 YEAR IN REVIEW
This layout was inspired by Jana Eubank on 2 Peas using My Mind's Eye "Fine and Dandy" collection.  I love how there is so much room for journaling but the photos are still the main focus (14 tiny photos, in fact)!  I don't have any close up shots of this layout, so hopefully you can pick out the details.

EXTREMELY WONDERFUL
Can I just say that I love, love, love this color combo?!  Maybe it's because I'm so tired of seeing white snow everywhere I look, but this layout just makes me happy.  :)

The title is printed onto a transparency.  And notice the fun paint splatters?  Those are some stamps I picked up at Michaels.  Oh the possibilities!!

A little chipboard makes the perfect accent.

Have you ever tried stamping with bubble wrap?  Well it's fun and almost as addictive as popping it.  I painted a little acrylic paint with a foam brush directly onto the bubble wrap.  Then "stamped" it onto the journaling block and a few other places on the layout.  So fun and grungy looking!

IT'S A GOOD THING YOU'RE SO CUTE 
This is my latest layout for Lucky Lark Designs. It's pretty simple, but I like all the details.
(Can you believe that mischievous baby boy is now 10!!!  Where does the time go)?

I was having a hard time finding the "right" paper for this layout, so I decided to make a simple modification to something I already had.  I cut the ledger paper into a bracket shape, then thinned some acrylic paint down with a little water.  I painted a border around it without worrying too much about it being perfect.  It added a little splash of color to break up the red/black/white theme I had going on.

  I love texture on a layout!  Adding tiny details, like the hand-stitched star, can make all the difference on a project.

Ahhh...time to dust off the ole' Silhouette machine again.  The ticket design really caught my eye in their online store and I just couldn't resist!

Well, I still have more layouts that I made for the "Grandkids" album for Christmas.  My goal is to have those posted this week.  For now I think I'm calling it a day.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment