Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Collections from We R Memory Keepers

I got to play around with a couple of the newest collections from We R Memory Keepers this weekend at Porter's. My favorite of the two was "Grandma's Kitchen." I always seem to gravitate toward more muted colors, and this line fit right in. Buying the 12x12 paper pad is the cool way to go since it also includes glittered chipboard letters, colored alphabet stickers, and a sheet of glittered die cuts. I think it's a great deal!

When you tear a sheet of paper out of the pad, it has an extra white strip at the top with a hole in it for displaying. Well, I inadvertently cut the wrong end of the blue paper off and sort of had a little panic attack for a minute. Then I decided it looked kind of cool and decided to leave it as it was. Sometimes things like that happen, and I'm slowly learning to accept the little serendipity. :) I often like the "accident" better than what I had originally intended!

I had a few customers at the store ask me how I printed my journaling around the scalloped frame. Here's a little trick:
  • In Word, click on WordArt, type the text, and select the font you want.
  • After the text appears in your document, click once on the text to bring up the WordArt menu.
  • Choose the WordArt shape option. (This is the ABC icon on my computer).
  • Choose the circle shape (or any other shape you want). Now you can stretch the circle to any size you want.
  • After you have printed it onto the paper of your choice, use a circle cutter to cut out the inside of the frame. I traced the scallops on the outside using some Fancy Pants chipboard as a template.

Another cool feature of purchasing the 12x12 paper pad is the two 2-page layout ideas and instructions that are included. I turned one of the ideas into this single page layout to demonstrate how easily in can be customized to fit any number of photos.



The next collection I got to work with was "MVP." It's a great line that is unisex and would work great for any sport. I created this two-page layout for a class I'm teaching next week. Besides the double-sided papers, there are cute $1 stamps, WRMK signature designer snaps, layered chipboard stickers, and a coordinating journaling pad. Some of the papers are printed so they can be cut down into 6x6 squares, making it really easy to create a mini album for your little sports lover.

To see pics of this collection, click here. (You will need to scroll down a bit).

I fully intended on making some more sports pages today, but the kids had different ideas. Hopefully I will have some to show you in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment