Monday, October 12, 2009

Halloween Treat Bucket

I made this Halloween Treat Bucket awhile ago and thought it would be fun to share it now.


I started with a 1 gallon clear paint can and some double-sided paper. I trimmed a sheet of paper to the same height as the can and carefully slipped it inside. By placing it inside the can instead of attaching it to the outside, it solves two problems:

1. You don't have to figure out how to cut your paper around the round metal deals that hold the handle into place.
2. You don't have to worry about any adhesive showing through the can...either on the inside or the outside. See? Easy, peasy!

Next, I created a label on my computer that says, "Place treats here. (No tricks allowed)." I framed this with some chipboard that I cut by hand and attached it around the can with some thin ribbon.

Finally, I added some matching chipboard embellishments to the title and also hung some from the handle with twine. I placed some arrow rub-ons on the outside of the can, pointing the way to the opening where anyone can drop in some candy (just in case they needed help finding their way there)!

I like how the can looks dimensional with elements on the inside and the outside. It was fun to make and Cam used it for trick-or-treating last year. It was a real hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment