Saturday, February 21, 2009

BellaBella

I absolutely LOVE My Mind's Eye products! One of the things I like the most is the variety of styles they portray in their individual lines. You can get anything from cute to elegant...bright colors to more subdued tones. I have used them to create heritage layouts as well as pages about my kids, family, day-to-day events and special moments...everything, really!

This weekend I had the chance to play with one of their newly released lines, "BellaBella." I love the antiqued, flourishy (is that a word??) look of these papers! I have had so many ideas running through my head of layouts I could create, but so far, I've only made two. (So much paper...so little time)!

The first one I made was from the "Bellezo" collection:




I chose one of the papers that already had a lot of the work done for me. I carefully cut around the bottom curved edge of the journaling "tag" with an X-acto knife so I could tuck my photo underneath. Then I stamped the quote in the designated space. (Notice the little bits of pink that some of the letters are stamped on? Those came from the barcode strip that you cut off the bottom of the paper). Next, I added the circular journaling card from the "Laundry Line" collection. I cut an arrow from cardstock and attached it with a brad. I didn't really like the tone of the journaling card, so I inked it with a chocolate brown ink to bring it closer to what I wanted. I added the scalloped border and butterflies which came from the matching die cut sheet. Then I finished it off with a touch of lace and some Tim Holtz Adage Tickets. I also sanded the edges of my photo to grunge it up a little.




I really like the "French Flea Market" collection as well. But blue is my favorite color, so it wasn't too hard to like.


My sweet Cameron wrote me a love note awhile ago. I found it in between some papers the other day and decided I need to scrapbook it.

I cut the red patterned paper using a Making Memories die cut paper as a template. Then I matted it on chocolate brown cardstock. For the heart, I took a Heidi Swapp ghost heart and separated the outside edge from the main heart. I wrapped ribbon around the outside part and attached it over a pair of ghost wings. Some chipboard letters from Scenic Route, crocheted lace from My Mind's Eye, and more Tim Holtz Adage Tickets finished off the layout. Oh, and don't forget the old skeleton key which I tied to the heart with some string.

I have more plans for this collection. I'm thinking a heritage kit and maybe another one-page layout. Stay tuned to find out what's next!

1 comment:

  1. Love that collection!!!! And I love your LO's too...they are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete