Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Story People

One day I stumbled across this Story People website featuring art and quotes by Brian Andreas. I have to admit that the art is a little "out there" for my liking, but I love the little "stories." I signed up to receive a story of the day through my email and look forward to seeing them in my inbox every morning. Some stories make me laugh, some make me think, and a few I don't get. But overall, they are great inspiration for scrapping! One of his stories was the inspiration behind this layout of my sister-in-law and her new baby girl.

"Are you a princess? I said & she said I'm much more than a princess but you don't have a name for it yet here on earth."

So if you are in need of a little inspiration, check out the Story People website. There's sure to be something there to get the creative juices flowing!


To create this layout, I used Cosmo Cricket paper and Blackboard from their Fleuriste line. The lettering was traced using a stencil, then filled in with pink Stickles by Ranger. I used velvet alphabet stickers to emphasize some of the words. And you can't forget the angel wings by Heidi Swapp! Aren't they sweet!

2 comments:

  1. I came across this story on that website:


    important to look knowledgable, but not important enough to actually know anything, so he'll probably do fine as an actor

    I showed it to Redbeard and he (in all seriousness) said, "Is that about Obama?"

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, aren't they great! There's something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete