Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Collections from Cosmo Cricket

I have always been a fan of Cosmo Cricket and two of their newest collections have not let me down! "Girl Friday" and "Lil' Man" are the perfect mix of modern and vintage. The colors and patterns remind me of eras past...therefore, I love, love, love them!

I had a chance to play with them while designing some projects for Porter's. I could use this stuff again and again! The layouts came together fairly quickly (for me quickly is 2-3 hours). And one of the things I love the most is that the two collections can intermix so easily! Besides the double-sided papers, they have a 12x12 sheet of chipboard embellishments, stickers, ribbon, borders, and cut-apart embellishments. Here are some layouts I came up with:



Papers, Chipboard and Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket; Cardstock: ColorMates; Twill: Sweetwater; Floss: DMC

I love the little funny, quirky phrases Cosmo Cricket puts on their barcode strips that you cut off the bottom of their papers. One of the papers happened to be named "Cheerful Charlie." Well, it just so happens that this cute little nephew of mine is also named Charlie. What a coincidence! Of course I had to use that on my page as the perfect way to describe this sweet little guy!


Papers and Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket; Circle sticker: Heidi Swapp; Alpha Stickers: American Crafts; Font: Powderfinger Type; Die Cuts: Accucut

At a recent family get-together, my son sat down on the kitchen floor to play cars with his cousin. Charlie watched and watched and then joined in the fun. They looked so cute together...I couldn't resist snapping their picture!



Paper and Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket; Pin: Fancy Pants; Lace: Making Memories; Felt: Craft Supply; Butterfly Die: Accucut

Now, let's talk about Lydia. Don't let that sweet face fool you. Behind those big puppy dog eyes is a silly little girl who loves hamming it up for the camera. How can anybody resist?!



Papers: Cosmo Cricket; Cardstock: DCWV; Ribbon: Morex, Flower Punches: EK Success

I have been wanting to make this layout for a long time but was waiting for the perfect product to come along. And here it is!

When Cameron was born, I couldn't believe how much he reminded me of my Mom. When he got a few months older, I had his portrait taken and I couldn't believe the resemblence! When you place these pictures side by side, there's no question who's genes this boy has!

Anyway, if you haven't noticed by now, I absolutely love this stuff! I also made some mini albums for a customer for Mother's Day from this collection. I'll post pics of that tomorrow. In the meantime, you've got to get your hands on some "Girl Friday" and "Lil' Man." I would love to see what you have done with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment