Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My 1st Digital Page!

OK, so I'm still not sure this will become a habit, but I decided to try my hand at creating a digital layout to give to my husband for Christmas. There were parts of it that were frustrating (especially since I don't really know what I'm doing), but it was still faster than creating a paper layout.

I have been downloading free digi kits from 2 Peas and Oscraps and other places for a long time "just in case" I ever figured out what to do with them. Well, here is the result:

Embellishments: Erica Hernandez "Feeling Bookish" from 2 Peas in a Bucket; Paper: Erica Hernandez "November 2010 Freebie"; Frame and Paint Swatch: Jessica Sprague; Textures: Flickr; Fonts: Adler and Karabine.

I used a lot of the techniques I learned in my Jessica Sprague photo editing class...adding textures, masks, text, etc. It was kind of fun and I like how it turned out. The project was inspired by the StoryPeople quote shown on the page. I'm going to print it out in an 8x8 size and frame it for one of his gifts.

So, what do you think for my first attempt?

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job... I would never have thought it was a "first time attempt"! I keep sitting on the fence about digi-scrapping, but I feel guilty because I have sooo much $ invested in "stuff"! Keep them coming... you do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete