Monday, February 8, 2010

Change in Schedule


Have you ever made plans and they didn't work out? So you made plans again...and they didn't work out? And...well you get the idea.

So I've been working with the new "Life Stories" collections from My Mind's Eye for over a month, and so far I've managed to complete just one layout. There are 3 others in progress, but other things seem to get in the way. In fact, it was my turn to do demos at Porter's Saturday and I was working with these very products. Guess how many layouts I got done in 3 hours? ZERO! It was very busy in the store (which is good) and I spent lots of time helping people at our die cutting center (everyone seemed to be cutting lots and lots of hearts that day) and showing products to customers. It was fine, since my job is to help customers and sell products, but it really interfered with my plan to scrap. ;)

I was going to finish all my projects and show them to you all at once, but since that's not happening, here's the one I did manage to complete (and it's a partial scraplift anyway). Hopefully someday, I will finish the rest! :)

So without further ado, introducing Life Stories by My Mind's Eye:

Papers and Die Cuts: My Mind's Eye; Alphabet Dies: QuicKutz; Stamps: Great Impressions; Embossing Powder: American Crafts

I am constantly amazed at how quickly my kids are growing up. So I decided to document Taylor's journey from a boy to a young man. Notice the picture of the hands? His is bigger than mine now. It's kind of sad!


I was browsing through the gallery at MME and loved how Amber Packer cut apart the "Trip Information" paper and used just the compass from it. I also used the journaling lines to write a letter to Taylor and enclosed it in the large envelope.

The brown lace is actually made with a stamp and then heat embossed with American Crafts Zing powder. It's the perfect way to use as much ribbon as you want without breaking the bank!

Here's some detail on the journaling envelope that was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with clear powder.

Maybe by next week I will have more to show you. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment