Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I love America! As the celebration of Independence Day approaches, I realize I don't have many layouts documenting my patriotism. That's gotta change!

In the meantime, here's a layout I made last year based on a sketch I saw on The Scrap Review. Emilie Ahern wrote the article, but I'm not sure who to credit the sketch to. (I can't find the post now). Emilie created a digital version of this sketch...


...I created mine with paper (and ribbons and stickers):

The photos are 2" square, so it allows you to fit lots on this page (9 to be exact)!

All paper, stickers, and ribbon are Adornit by Carolee's Creations.

I love adding texture to a layout, even if it's subtle, like a row of stitching or a snippet of ribbon.

A Making Memories clip finishes it off...

So, how about you? Have you documented your love for your country? If not, I challenge you to do it this month.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment