Saturday, May 5, 2012

Art of Wild Abandonment Giant Bloghop


Hi!  If you're here for the "Art of Wild Abandonment" Bloghop, you have probably just arrived from Karen Maldonado's blog.  This is a HUGE hop and you are now more than half way through.  :)  Kudos to you if you have stuck with us this far. :) There is so much talent out there and I'm having a blast checking out all the inspiration...I hope you are too!  Don't forget to continue on by visiting Sheryl Callan Meilahn here.  And if you haven't started from the beginning, you can join in on all the excitement by clicking here to learn all about it.

When I first stumbled across Junelle Jacobsen's art, I immediately fell in love with her style!  So when Christy Tomlinson announced that she was partnering up with Junelle to teach an art journaling class, I was absolutely giddy!  It has been worth every penny!  I have soaked up the videos and although I haven't had as much time as I would like to create art, I've been squeezing some in here and there.

Here's a look at a little bit of what I've created so far.  Some of these pieces are from the art lessons we learned in class, so they may look similar to what you may have already seen throughout the hop.  

"Spring Lineup"
 This was my first entry in my new art journal.  I pretty much copied Junelle's idea and added my own meaningful words.


 I made my little nest from thin hemp string.

 White Sharpie paint pen...my new favorite for highlights!

Silly little bird!


"Spring Gifts"
This is watercolor on gesso.  I loved drawing the peas!  I never would have thought of something so simple and creative without Junelle's perspective.  So fun and playful!
 
 
"So Many Ideas"
Another one of Junelle's ideas I stole.  Hers was about laundry...mine is about all the creative ideas that are floating through my head.  It seems there's never enough time to get them all onto paper or canvas.  :)


"Bright & Beautiful"

Our neighbors have a small farm.  This spring I have loved watching the baby animals romp and play together.  This little calf caught my attention because she has a nearly perfect heart on her forehead.  I attempted to capture her in watercolors.  I'm such an amateur!  :)

Well that's it for now!  I have a sheep canvas I have finished (so cute!!), but I will wait and post it tomorrow.  This class has been so much fun!  I hope you will consider taking it.  You can sign up at any time here.  Don't forget to check out the next blog in our giant bloghop!  Thanks for visiting!


 

26 comments:

  1. I love your creative ideas bundle and the laundry line!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creative ideas (I know the feeling), and the calf is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That calf is adorable, and amateur my foot! You are no amature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Stephanie! I love the little nest you put on your clothes line...it's the little details like that which make it your own :) Well done on drawing the calf...I think I would have totally struggled, but yours is really good. Thanks for sharing,

    Claire Smillie
    P.S love your blog name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work here! Love the little calf and the heart on her forehead esp :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects! I am in love with the calf - precious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your art! I just started the course and this blog hop has been so inspirational!! I love your calf journal spread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB!!! The calf is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your artwork and peeking through the rest of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your washline and you did great at drawing/painting your calf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved your clothesline and the fact that you really didn't notice those birds with attitudes until you really studied it - love that surprise element in art - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Steph you have done some very wonderful pages. I need to keep working on mine, just struggling, but I look at yours and drool. miss seeing you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little calf. Yes, the sheep in the blog hop are darling but your calf is sweet. Laundry in the breeze brought back many memories. Have enjoyed your art and blog. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have a creative and artistic ideas.i have visited your http://sherrae-paperpatterns.blogspot.com site, you have a great design. printing hervey bay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little calf's sketch is nice. Junelle has helped us to work so much with our imagination, isn't it / The little bird on the clothesline is very cute. Love your creative ideas project too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects are great - and I think the watercolor of the calf is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad to make it to your blog on this hop here. I heart your cow, cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing all your work in one place, and that calf has the sweetest face!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Blog!!!! So Enjoyed looking around....

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cow. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my...LOVE ALL your work! I think your spring gifts is still one of my favorite....soemthing about the simplicity of that red door. The calf...he's just cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful pages, love the little bird with the brush on the laundry line and the calf. I agree, there never seems to be enough time for all the ideas, but I really love your "idea bundle".

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your calf is adorable! I was stuck in traffic last week next to a cattle truck, those big eyes totally got to me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, your art is beautiful! The black and white line work adds so much energy to your pieces. I love it! The calf is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great projects! You have a lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete