Friday, August 14, 2009

Another Heritage Page

I've been wanting to create this layout for awhile now, and finally found the perfect papers to do it with. This is the first time I've worked with Graphic 45 products, and I couldn't quit layering all those pretty papers! I love that you can easily intermix papers from many different collections. I really, really like this stuff!!

To create the flowers, I die cut and punched different sizes of circles from double-sided paper. Then I lightly spritzed each circle with water and carefully munched them up. I let them dry while they were still slightly crumpled, then layered them together and attached a pretty pearl brad in the center. For the leaves, I cut them out of green paper and basically followed the same procedure as the flowers.


Papers: Graphic 45 and 7 Gypsies; Die Cuts: QuicKutz; Font: Adler, Punches: EK Success; Digital Photo Frame: Jessica Sprague; Brads: Making Memories


Here's a little info about this layout...

The man on the left is Charles Coulson Rich. In 1863, he led a party of pioneers to the Bear Lake Valley and settled in what is now Paris, Idaho. This was the beginning of a 20-year struggle to maintain the colony in the face of severe winters, poor harvest, delicate Indian relations, and isolation. Rich County, Utah and St. Charles, Idaho are named after him.

My great-great-grandparents were among the first group of settlers in the Bear Lake Valley. They named their son (who was the first white boy born there) Charles Coulson Shirley.

His son (my grandfather) was named Arthur Coulson Shirley.

Then my brother, Arthur, is in the 4th photo.

And last is my nephew, Coulson.


I love creating heritage pages! They are often a challenge, but it's so rewarding to tell the stories of my ancestors through scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment