Thursday, September 17, 2009

Layout Contest

Well, I survived last weekend at Cindy's scrapbooking conference! We laughed so hard our sides hurt. I only got one layout done and started cutting out pieces for another. The rest of the time was spent teaching 3 classes and helping fellow scrappers with their projects, shopping, eating, and did I mention laughing? It was lots of fun, but it reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner...you spend hours and hours preparing and then it's over before you know it!

Cindy had a really cute idea for a layout contest. When we arrived, we each received a small packet of random products. Mine contained a few sheets of patterned paper (most of them didn't match each other), fibers, a plain chipboard tag, and some iron-on frogs. The challenge was to create a layout using at least three of the products in the kit.


I chose two papers that matched each other the best. The large white circle was the back of one of the papers which happened to have a grid printed on it. So I used both sides and covered up the bar code with the large tag. I traced the tag 3 times onto another piece of patterned paper that didn't look quite so hideous after it was cut up. :) I happened to have my QuicKutz with me to cut the title from a scrap of red paper I had in another kit. Then I embellished with some stitching stamps that I bought at the last conference in April and hadn't taken out of their package yet. (Don't you do that too???) Cindy also had her little photo printer there so I could print out the picture of Monkey-Monkey and I was done!

What's the story behind Monkey-Monkey you ask? Well, I bought this cute little sock friend for my sister's birthday and gave it to her at the conference.


She travels a lot for her work and we got laughing about how she should take the monkey everywhere she goes and document his adventures with her. "Monkey-Monkey in Florida." "Monkey-Monkey in Atlanta." "Monkey-Monkey enjoying the beach." Well, you get the idea. So we decided to start documenting their new life together right then and there. What better place than at a scrapbooking conference, right?

Yes, we are silly! :)

Oh, and by the way, "Monkey-Monkey" won 1st place in the layout contest. LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment