Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cool Stamping Technique

Hello Friends! Long time no see! Life has been crazy as usual, and I know I have lots of posts to catch up on. So watch over the next few days for some updates on what I've been working on.

I wanted to share a cool stamping technique with you that isn't new, but is fun nonetheless. Did you know you can turn nearly any die cut into a stamp? Here are two ways:
  1. You can use the large AccuCut machines available at many scrapbooking stores (some charge for the use of their machines...just ask what their store policy is). To start, simply die cut images from fun foam and attach them to an acrylic block with double stick tape.
  2. For personal die cut machines, such as QuicKutz, pull the sticky foam from the metal die and use as your stamp. You can re-foam the die with QuicKutz replacement foam available in 4x4 or 2x2 sizes. Attach the sticky foam to a QuicKutz Rocker handle or acrylic block. Then stamp your image with paint or ink.

On my "Sisters" layout I posted last month, I die cut a flower image and a bird image from Kraft colored cardstock. Then I created a stamp of each image from foam using the technique explained above. I dabbed some off-white paint onto my foam stamp and placed it over the die cut flower. Some of the cardstock still showed in some places where the paint hadn't touched. It left my die cut with a shabby look that I loved!


I repeated the technique with the bird, only this time I used brown paint:

It's so simple and fun to do and adds a little touch to an otherwise boring die cut. Think of all the possibilities! You could create your own custom alphabet stamps, border stamps, and smaller images too.

No comments:

Post a Comment