Saturday, May 29, 2010

Things We Say Everyday

This layout was so fun to make! I involved the kids in trying to figure out what phrases we all say on a regular basis. I kept notes in a small tablet, and throughout the week we would add something else we thought of. It was so fun! We would be in the middle of a conversation, and suddenly one of the boys would point and say, "You say that all the time!" LOL! Good times!

I used the new So Sophie line from My Mind's Eye. Love, love, love this collection!!!

I used lots of die cuts and punches. I die cut one of the conversation bubbles from felt to add texture.
And I even dusted off my Silhouette to cut the "Days of the Week" border and the "Everyday" title. I forgot how much fun that machine is to use! (Note to self: Must use it more often). There are so many (as in hundreds and hundreds) of designs you can download from the Silhouette website to cut out. They can be re-sized to custom fit your project and are very affordable.


For a finishing touch, I made big 12" long stitches along the edges of the layout. I think the red color really pops against the black background.

So how about it? Why not document habits or sayings or anything else that's part of your "everyday." I think those are some of the funniest things to look back on and remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment