Sunday, May 16, 2010

Springtime Banner

Many of you may be thinking Summer is just around the corner. But here in Idaho, we are still trying to figure out if it's done snowing or not. To help brighten up my home (despite the weather outside) I created a simple banner for a project at the store for National Scrapbook Day.

The Quite Contrary collection from My Mind's Eye was one of my favorite releases this spring. The colors are bright and the patterns are so sweet and easy to work with. Here's what I came up with:

I used lots of punches and die cuts, which makes for a fast and each project!

The letters are die cut from glitter paper. It is the cheaters way out of a big glittery mess! ;)

I placed many of the layers on pop dots to create lots of dimension.

You could easily substitute letters to spell anything you wanted and also add more pennants to make it longer. It would be a fun decoration for a child's room or your creative corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment