Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fancy Pants is in da House!!!


I have to admit, the best part about my job at the lss is getting to play with all the new products that come in. (It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it...right)?

The Kraft Kuts line from Fancy Pants arrived just in time for my weekend demo and I think I'm in love! Now I know that I say that about many products, but every once in awhile a collection comes along that completely inspires me. My head fills up with ideas and I feel like I could just keep cranking out the layouts until there's no more paper left. Well, that's how it was with this Fancy Pants collection. I managed to make five 1-page layouts this weekend...that's a record for me!

There's a collection for boys and one for girls, but when I saw them, I realized there was so much potential. I don't think there's a theme you couldn't cover with this stuff (except maybe Christmas). Here's what I made:


Now don't laugh, because these picture are old! I think I was in Jr. High. We were having a party for my sister and acting really silly. But they made me think about all the fun we used to have together as a family (actually, we still do). So I decided to scrap about the overall feeling of happiness and love I remember growing up. The first photo is of my two younger brothers, my sister, and my sister's friend. The second photo is my dad, me, and my sister. And no, our house wasn't pink or purple...it was red. The pictures are just really faded (and maybe the house was a little bit too)!


Some of the sheets of paper were a little busy for me (like the owls). But I really liked it after cutting it into strips. It added a nice splash of color and they are super cute!


This was my first real attempt at editing a picture in Photoshop. I don't know how to do anything fancy, but I did manage to eliminate the hospital cords and whiteboard that was hanging on the wall. I think this photo of my in-laws and their new grandbaby is so sweet!


I LOVE using the shaped papers all by themselves as a background! I printed smaller photos (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) to fit more of them in the small space. This layout is about Cam's school play. He was Velveeta...so cute! I wrote the lines he memorized for the play on the little journaling spots. A simple pocket on the back of the layout makes a great place to store a copy of the program and a newspaper clipping.



This past school year, I decided to do something a little different with the kids' traditional first-day-of-school photos. I took pics of them coming home and documented what their thoughts about the first day were. Here's Taylor's:
  • Find out what's new with old friends.
  • Try not to be tardy for every class.
  • School lunch is still gross.
  • Too much to remember!
I really lucked out that there happened to be a #7 in the perfect spot of this patterned paper. I lightly traced a circle around it with a pencil. Then I used my sewing machine to stitch around the circle three or four times. It made a great, inexpensive accent and reinforced the "7th Grade" theme.

So there you have it. I could have made more, but I decided I should sleep a little too. For more fabulous ideas, visit the Fancy Pants Gallery.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment