Friday, June 26, 2009

Scrapbooking Family History

I love creating heritage pages although sometimes they can be a challenge. I try to find ways to make a layout beautiful as well as record family history. Sometimes there's not a lot of information about a certain person or photo, but I can usually glean little bits here and there.

Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny; Stamps: Inque Boutique; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels; Flowers: Bazzill, Prima; Pin: Making Memories; Ribbon: Bazzill

I made this layout for a class I taught at Porter's last night. My great-grandparents are in the large photo in the center. Then the smaller photos are of them and their children...when they are young and then years later. I made a family chart down the left side of the layout starting with my great-grandparents. I thought it was a great way to tie all the pictures together and also give the reader a quick visual of how everyone is related.

The butterfly was made by cutting a pattern from regular paper and attaching it to the layout with temporary adhesive. Then I sprayed Glimmer Mist over that area. After it dried, I removed the mask and there you have it...a beautiful, shimmery accent!

I have a couple of kits left over from class. If anyone is interested, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment