Thursday, July 2, 2009

Scraplifting

Sometimes I see a layout that I absolutely fall in love with and want one for myself.

I was browsing through the gallery at A Million Memories and saw the most luscious layouts with the new Cosmo Cricket "Early Bird" collection. I came across this one by briarrose86304 that I was in awe of! Since I just happened to have that exact paper sitting on my desk, I decided to re-create one for myself. I really liked how she added all the buttons inside her brackets, but decided not to put them on mine.


Another layout I really liked by Lucy Edson had a painted border around it. I found a die cut paper by Making Memories and traced around the outside edge with a pencil. Then I used a flat brush and some bright red acrylic paint to paint inside the line. I went over it a couple of times but didn't try to make it perfect. The rest of the design is my own:


Once again, the kids were laughing at me as I set up an inanimate object for a photo shoot. But hey, I just HAD to use the funny toaster strip and this idea popped in my head. Why not tell about how much I despise getting up early? Click here to read the journaling.


This layout isn't a scraplift, but I was able to use up some scraps. I was about one year old in this photo and already talking on the phone. I printed the "blah blah blah" text over and over again onto a piece of transparency. Then I cut around it in the same shape as the word bubble and placed it on top. It was a fast and simple layout!

As usual, I am in love with this Early Bird collection. The colors are so bright and old-fashioned. I feel a layout for a class coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment