Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Everafter" by Cosmo Cricket

Cosmo Cricket has done it again! I am in love with their "Everafter" collection! The subdued tones of the blues, yellows, and oranges are right up my alley...they are timeless yet trendy.

Although this line is geared towards a love/wedding theme, I found you are not strictly limited to lovey dovey projects. Even the pre-printed borders with all the love quotes on them can be disguised, as I did in this layout about me, my sister, and my Grandma:


I scanned a teeny tiny picture that we found when going through some things of my Grandma's. (The photo was about 1 1/2" square). I fixed it as best as I could without the benefit of Photoshop. I guess the dim quality contributes to the heritage feel of the layout, right?

I also decided to take advantage of the intended use of this collection and create a wedding layout. It turned out to be quite bulky because of all the ribbon and chipboard, but would look gorgeous in a shadow box and given as a gift:


My beautiful niece, Candace, got married last summer. These are some shots my sister took at her reception. I used a large 12x12 die to cut the scalloped paper.


I threaded sheer ribbon through the openings in the paper and tied a knot in every other one. Then I hand sewed crystals to each knot. (It looks so pretty in real life, but unfortunately, photographing these in the basement at the lss didn't do them any justice)!


There! You can sort of see one of the crystals right above the chipboard leaf. Do you see it?

Anyway, when the lss is done displaying these projects, I will have to photograph them again in some better lighting.

To see more of this beautiful collection, visit Cosmo Cricket's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment