Sunday, March 29, 2009

Heroes

We are having a 6-Midnight crop at Porter's (the lss where I teach) on April 18th. Everyone who comes gets a great product packet from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line for an incredible price of $10! So this is the layout I created with my share of the supplies:

HEROES


The quote says, "All that we are we will pass on to our children--our loves, our hopes, our dreams, our character. Therefore, let your thoughts be planted in rich soil and let your actions stand tall in a child's eyes. Just as fruit does not fall far from the tree, children do not stray far from their heroes."

A couple of years ago, we had a mini photo shoot at our house. This is a picture of my hubby and the two boys. I hadn't scrapped it yet and thought it went perfectly with this quote.

I sprayed the paper that the poem is on with glimmer mist (that stuff is awesome!) and used a piercer bug to create stitched holes around the top and side of the layout. Lots of distressing and stuff going on here too. I was excited with the way it turned out...hopefully everyone else at the crop will like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment