Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Altered Star

This past weekend I altered this large rusty barn star using papers from the Blue Awning collection from K&Co. I love how it turned out! I originally was going to add other embellishments to it, but I decided I liked it just like this.



The large photos are 5x7's and the smaller ones are 4x6's. It was harder to find photos that would fit than I thought it should. Normally I try to crop a photo when I'm taking it to save editing time later. Well, that was my downfall with this star. You need to have a lot of background in the picture showing to allow for the photo to go all the way to the point of the star without someone's head getting cut off. So after a couple of hours (or 3 or 4) I was finally able to find pictures that would work. I think if I were to do this again, it would be easier the second time around.

I have plans to make a smaller star with some heritage photos hanging from the points instead of being mod podged to the star. That will have to happen some other time. Right now I have a class to design and 30 kits to put together.

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment: